Trading Futures For Dummies gives you the surefire strategies you need to be a successful trader, with up-to-the-minute advice on the various types of futures, conducting research, finding a broker, entering and exiting positions, and minimizing your losses. You also get bearish and bullish strategies and tips for trading online.
Trading futures isn’t gambling; it’s speculating. It’s also about being prepared, gathering information, and making judgment calls about situations that are unfolding, and it’s a process of self-protection and an ongoing education. You may think of yourself as a dummy. But after you read this book, you’ll know how trading futures is done and how to stay in the game as long as you want, not necessarily by hitting home runs but rather by showing up to work every day, getting your uniform dirty, and playing good, consistent, fundamental baseball.
Futures markets are resurging and are likely to be hot for several decades, given the political landscape. Changing world demographics and the emergence of China and India as economic powers and consumers, coupled with changing politics in the Middle East, are likely to fuel the continued prominence of these markets. I take you inside these markets and give you tools that you can use for:
- Analyzing, trading, or just gaining a better understanding of how money works and affects your daily life.
- Starting fresh in your views of how the markets work. A traditional buy and hold mindset is a recipe for trouble in futures and options trading, while profit-taking or hedging a position before the weekend is normal operating procedure.
- Discovering that time is on your side in the stock and bond markets, but it’s your enemy in futures. You have to be on top of how much time you have left before your trading position expires, becoming worthless, or you have a load of something delivered with a bill for a large sum of money.
- Reading a sentence just the way it’s written. No tricks, hidden clues, political agendas, or attempts to make you look foolish. If you don’t get it, I didn’t do a good job of writing it.
- Remembering that measuring the return of your money is more important than measuring the return on your money.
- The Ins and Outs of Trading Futures
- Where Money Comes From
- The Futures Markets
- Some Basic Concepts About Options on Futures
- Trading Futures Through the Side Door
- Understanding the Fundamentals of the Economy
- Getting Technical Without Getting Tense
- Speculating Strategies That Use Advanced Technical Analysis
- Trading with Feeling Now!
- Wagging the Dog: Interest Rate Futures
- Rocking and Rolling: Speculating with Currencies
- Stocking Up on Indexes
- Getting Slick and Slimy: Understanding Energy Futures
- Getting Metallic Without Getting Heavy
- Getting to the Meat of the Markets: Livestock and More
- The Bumpy Truth About Agricultural Markets
- Trading with a Plan Today So You Can Do It Again Tomorrow
- Looking for Balance Between the Sheets
- Developing Strategies Now to Avoid Pain Later
- Executing Successful Trades
- Ten Killer Rules to Keep You Sane and Solvent
- More Than Ten Additional Resources
Trading Futures For Dummies By Joe Duarte pdf