In Decentralized Applications, author Siraj Raval explains why dapps will become more widely used—and profitable—than today’s most popular web apps. You’ll learn how the blockchain’s cryptographically stored ledger, scarce-asset model, and peer-to-peer (P2P) technology provide a more flexible, better-incentivized structure than current software models.
A new model for building massively scalable and profitable applications is emerging. Bitcoin paved the way with its cryptographically stored ledger, scarce-asset model, and peer-to-peer technology. These features provide a starting point for building a new type of software called decentralized applications, or dapps.
Dapps are just now gaining media coverage but will, I believe, someday become more widely used than the world’s most popular web apps. They are more flexible, transparent, distributed, resilient, and have a better incentivized structure than current software models. This is the first book that will help you to understand them and create your own.
Once you understand the theory behind dapps and what a thriving dapp ecosystem looks like, Raval shows you how to use existing tools to create a working dapp. You’ll then take a deep dive into the OpenBazaar decentralized market, and examine two case studies of successful dapps currently in use.
- Learn advances in distributed-system technology that make distributed data, wealth, identity, computing, and bandwidth possible
- Build a Twitter clone with the Go language, distributed architecture, decentralized messaging app, and peer-to-peer data store
- Learn about OpenBazaar’s decentralized market and its structure for supporting transactions
- Explore Lighthouse, a decentralized crowdfunding project that rivals sites such as Kickstarter and IndieGogo
- Take an in-depth look at La’Zooz, a P2P ridesharing app that transmits data directly between riders and drivers
- What Is a Decentralized Application
- A Flourishing Dapp Ecosystem
- Building Your First Dapp
Decentralized Applications: Harnessing Bitcoin’s Blockchain Technology By Siraj Raval PDF