In Candlestick and Pivot Point Trading Triggers, he goes a step further and shows you how to devise your own setups and triggers—in the stock, forex, and futures markets—based on a moving average approach.
To all the individual traders reaching out to learn how to invest and trade wisely and to all those who are looking for new ideas and who have been around looking to learn a more positive approach, I say that after reading this material, you will find a great approach to trading and will learn the importance of or at least will expand your knowledge on how to develop your personalized mechanical trading system and learn why that is important.
You will learn specifically what methods and parameters to use with time-tested material. My first book, A Complete Guide to Technical Trading Tactics, was released in April 2004. It was a great introductory on how to incorporate pivot point analysis with other forms of technical indicators and how it related to trading commodities.
The foresight that book offered suggested that we would see resurgence in commodity activity and that commodity markets would soon be in vogue. I had chart examples of silver at 4.50 per ounce and gold at 350 per ounce. On page 211, I gave an example of a potentially great scale trading opportunity in coffee when it was as low as 49.00. Sugar was at 7.00. Crude oil was at 21.00. The 30-year bonds were at 111. The Federal Funds interest rate was at 1.0 percent. There were great trading opportunities, many of which I was able to take advantage.
- Trading Vehicles, Stock, ETFs, Futures, and Forex
- Determining Market Condition: Bullish, Bearish, or Neutral
- How to Read Oscillators to Spot Overbought or Oversold Conditions
- Momentum Changes: How to Spot Divergence or Convergence
- Pivot Points: Determine Key Price Support and Resistance Areas and the Importance of Confluence
- Pivot Point Moving Average System
- Candle Charts and Top Reversal Patterns
- Setups and Triggers: Combining Candles and Pivots
- Risk Management: Setting Stops
- Projecting Entry and Exit Points: Learn to Scale Out
- The Sample Analysis: The Proof Is in the Back-Testing
- Confidence to Pull the Trigger Comes from Within
Candlestick and Pivot Point Trading Triggers: Setups for Stock, Forex, and Futures Markets By John L. Person pdf