Mastering the Trade : Proven Techniques for Profiting from Intraday and Swing Trading Setups
Mastering the Trade discusses a unique approach to the markets that focuses on the underlying reasons that cause market prices to really move, and is applicable to trading stocks, options, futures, and forex.
In reality, markets don’t move because they want to, they move because the have to. Margin calls, stop runs, and psychological capitulation all force a series of rapid fire market orders in a very short period of time. These generate sharp intraday moves lasting a few minutes to a few hours, and, on a bigger scale, swing moves chat last a few days to a few weeks.
These moves inflict pain on a lot of traders who do not understand how this process works. Yet, there is always a group of traders who profit from these moves.
Mastering the Tradediscusses specific ways to get positioned “on the other side of the trade” in order to take advantage of these moves, relying on a unique interpretation of many classical technical analysis and chart patterns.
More specifically, the book discusses strategies with exact entry, exit, and stop loss levels for the intraday trading of stocks, options, ETFs, e-mini futures, 30-year bonds, and the forex currency markets. There are also swing trade setups discussed on stocks, options, single stock futures, and e-mini stock index futures.
– PART 1: Trader’s Boot Camp
- Markets Don’t Move Because They Want To, They Move Because They Have To
- Psychology 101: What They Didn’t Teach About Trading in School
- Hardware and Software-Top Tools for Traders
- Markets 101-Understanding the Basic Mechanics of the Markets Discussed in This Book
- The Stock Market Is Now Open-Seven Key Internals to Gauge Intraday Market Direction
– PART 2: Specific Intraday and Swing Trading Setups for Futures, Stocks, and Options, and Forex
- The Opening Gap: The First and Highest Probability Play of the Day
- Pivot Points-Great for Trending Days and Even Better for Choppy Days
- Scalper Buys and Scalper Sells-When Only a Quick Confirmation Will Do
- Tick Fades: Taking the Opposite Side of the Newbies
- The Squeeze: Getting Positioned for the Big Market Moves
- Brick Plays-Letting the Markets Stack Up
- The Ping Pong Play-Batting the Markets Back and Forth … All Day Long
- The 3:52 Play: Capping off the Day with a Fine Cigar
- Box Plays-On Days When the Stock Market Is Dead in the Water, Look to Currencies
- HOLP & LOUP-Catching Trend Reversals without Getting Smashed
- Propulsion Plays-Swing Plays Using Stocks, Single Stock Futures, and Stock Options
- Market Profile-Removing the Mystery
– PART 3: Heading Back Into the Real World of Trading
- The Premarket Checklist-Creating a Game Plan for the Next Trading Day
- The Trader’s Business Plan
- When It’s Not Working for You, No Matter What You Do
- Mastering the Trade