Stock Market Strategies That Work offers all investors, whether experienced or new to the markets, powerful tools for success, all presented in a down-to-earth, often humorous, but always clear and concise fashion.
The investment jungle is a dangerous place in which only the fittest survive and prosper. The average investor who attempts to profit without the assistance of a professional, competent adviser or money manager is, all too often, grist for the mill. Large investment machines feed, without mercy, on the small trader who, all too readily, ventures into the wilderness, defenseless and without a clue.
Stock Market Strategies That Work will help new investors find a place of refuge and knowledge where they can acquire the skills necessary for survival and profit in the brutal world of investing. Armed with the information, tools, skills, knowledge, techniques, and methods provided in this book, the new or small investor can compete successfully with the lions, often beating them at their own game. The premises upon which this book are based are as follow:
- The stock market is risky and dangerous unless you have and use effective trading tools.
- The stock market jungle is likely to gobble up small investors and other defenseless creatures unless they are able to protect themselves with solid skills and tools.
- Large beasts of prey in the investment jungle (lions, tigers, leopards, and the like) often eat the smaller beasts such as monkeys.
- Most of us are market monkeys; we are often victims rather than victors.
- Market monkeys often fall prey to herd mentality, following one another off the cliff into the abyss of losses.
- Our goal as market chimps is to overcome the numerous obstacles that prevent us from being successful in stocks.
During the course of Stock Market Strategies That Work we may, from time to time, use analogies to the investment jungle. Do not take offense. These terms and analogies are only intended to be comic relief in order to deal lightly with a topic that is all too often presented in a dull or boring fashion.
- PLAYING THE GAME
- THE DOS AND DON’TS OF PICKING WINNING STOCKS
- PICKING A STOCKBROKER
- TRADING THE CHEAPIES
- THE TECHNICAL APPROACH TO STOCK MARKET STRATEGIES
- DOLLAR COST AVERAGING
- SUPPORT AND RESISTANCE: THE MAC
- TWO REAL-TIME EXAMPLES
- IMPLEMENTING MARKET STRATEGIES
- THE IMPORTANCE OF DISCIPLINE
- COMPUTERIZED TRADING SYSTEMS
Stock Market Strategies That Work By Jake Bernstein PDF