The purpose of Day Trading With Short Term Price Patterns and Opening Range Breakout is to determine tradable market tendencies.
The book is divided into five sections, titled 1) Opening Range Breakout. 2) Short Term Price Patterns. 3) Contraction and Expansion. 4) The Integration. 5) Other Useful Patterns.
- Opening range breakout is defined as a trade taken at a predetermined amount off the open.
- A short term price pattern is an analysis of recent price action in terms of previous closes, openings, range size and moves off the open.
- The Contraction/Expansion Principle states that the market is constantly changing from a period of movement to a period of rest and back to a period of movement.
- The three concepts, ORB, price patterns, and contraction/expansion, provide the basic framework for viewing the market.
- The patterns which have previously been discussed are not the only ones which Crabel has discovered.
- OPENING RANGE BREAKOUT
- MOVES AWAY FROM THE OPEN
- PRICE PATTERN STUDIES
- RANGE EXPANSION
- TWO DAY PATTERNS
- THREE DAY PATTERNS
- THE PRINCIPLE OF CONTRACTION/ EXPANSION
- INSIDE DAY
- DOJI AND NR
- TWO DAY PATTERNS AND ORB WITH CONTRACTION/EXPANSION
- THREE DAY PATTERNS AND ORB WITH CONTRACTION/EXPANSION
- DAILY BIAS (GOLD)
- FIVE SEGMENT STUDY AND ORB
- THREE SEGMENT STUDY AND ORB
- S&P GAPS AND ORB
- UPTHRUST AND SPRING REVERSAL
- BEAR HOOK
- BULL HOOK