Way of the Turtle: The Secret Methods that Turned Ordinary People into Legendary Traders
Way of the Turtle reveals, for the first time, the reasons for the success of the secretive trading system used by the group known as the “Turtles.”
Top-earning Turtle Curtis Faith lays bare the entire experiment, explaining how it was possible for Dennis and Eckhardt to recruit 23 ordinary people from all walks of life and train them to be extraordinary traders in just two weeks.
Way of the Turtle lays bare the entire experiment, explaining exactly what we were taught and how we traded. The book details some of our biggest trades and the rules behind their timing, delivering insights into what it takes to make millions in the markets.
Way of the Turtle is a story of trading and of life, specifically, how looking at life the way a great trader does can bring you more joy, a greater range of experience, and far less regret.
The chapters that follow will examine this perspective as well as the following topics:
- How the Turtles made money: What it was at the core of the Turtle trading approach that allowed me to earn more than 100 percent returns for the four-plus years of the Turtle program
- Why some Turtles made more money than others: How the approach allowed some to be successful while others with the exact same knowledge lost money
- How the Turtle Way applies to stocks and Forex: How to look beyond the rules as we implemented them to find core strategies that work for any tradable market
- How you can apply the Turtle Way to your own trades and in your own life
- Risk Junkies
- Taming the Turtle Mind
- The First $2 Million is the Toughest
- Think Like a Turtle
- Trading with an Edge
- Falling Off the Edge
- By What Measure?
- Risk and Money Management
- Turtle-Style Building Blocks
- Turtle-Style Trading: Step by Step
- Lies, Damn Lies, and Backtests
- On Solid Ground
- Bulletproof Systems
- Mastering Your Demons