Trade Like Warren Buffett challenges the current coverage of this great investor by including details of all of Buffett’s investing and trading methods, including mean reversion, commodities, bonds, arbitrage, market timing, funds, as well as Graham-Dodd. In addition to the value investing approach, this book discusses other, lesser-known trading strategies and techniques that have helped to make Buffett the greatest investor in history. To augment the discussion of each strategy, Trade Like Warren Buffett also includes interviews with leading financial professionals, who reveal in detail how they’ve successfully used the same techniques.
Warren Buffett has had one of the longest and most successful investment careers of all time. While he’s considered the “world’s greatest value investor,” there’s another side to Buffett that is not very well known. Although Buffett has gained recognition for his value investing approach to the markets, the fact is that nobody—over the past fifty years—has traded and invested with a more diverse group of strategies than Buffett.
Given the fact that Buffett’s investment career has spanned five decades and multiple styles and disciplines, is it possible to Trade Like Warren Buffett? It’s impossible to trade exactly like Warren Buffett, but with author James Altucher as your guide, you’ll come close. Altucher skillfully details Buffett’s career and uncovers the paths that led to his success. You’ll have a front row seat to the best that Buffett has to offer, including:
- The Early Years: Buffett’s hedge fund years, when he built his fortune from essentially nothing to about $25 million
- The Middle Years: During the ’70s and ’80s, Buffett made the full transition from successful hedge fund manager to operator, asset allocator, and insurance company magnate
- The Later Years: During the ’90s and ’00s, there was a flight to safety from the dot-com bubble as well as a diversification into bonds, silver, fixed-income arbitrage, and ultimately, foreign currencie
- Does Warren Buffett Trade?
- Graham-Dodd and a Dose of Fisher
- Current Holdings
- Merger Arbitrage Like Warren Buffett
- Relative Value Arbitrage
- PIPEs and High Yield
- Warren Buffett’s Personal Holdings
- Closed-End Fund Arbitrage
- Interviews with Two Buffett-Style Hedge Fund Managers
- P/E Ratios, Market Timing, and the Fed Model
- Buffett and Disasters
- Life and Death
- Fixed-Income Arbitrage
- Trade Like Bill Gates