The goal of The Daily Trading Coach is to teach you as much as possible about coaching, so that you can mentor yourself to success in the financial markets. The key word in the title is “Daily.” This book is designed to be a resource that you can use every day to build upon strengths and overcome weaknesses.
There are 101 lessons in The Daily Trading Coach, averaging several pages in length. Each lesson follows a general format, identifying a trading challenge, an approach to meeting that challenge, and a specific suggestion or assignment for working on the issue. The chapters are independent of one another: you can read them in order, or you can use the table of contents or index to read, each day, the lesson that most applies to your current trading. Unlike a traditional book, the idea is not to read it through from front to back in a few sittings.
Rather, you take one lesson at a time and apply it to guide your development as a trader. Like the blog, it’s an on-screen reminder of what to do when you’re at your best, but—more than the blog—it’s also a roadmap (and practical set of insights and tools) for discovering and implementing the best within you.
The aim of The Daily Trading Coach is to help you become your own trading coach, but a glance at the chapter and lesson titles reveals that the broader purpose is to help you coach yourself through life. The challenges and uncertainties we face in trading—the pursuit of rewards in the face of risks—are just as present in careers and relationships as in markets. Techniques that help you master yourself as a trader will serve you well in any field of endeavor. In that sense, the goal is not just to make money in the markets, it is to prosper in all of life’s undertakings.
- Change: The Process and the Practice
- Stress and Distress: Creative Coping for Traders
- Psychological Well-Being: Enhancing Trading Experience
- Steps toward Self-Improvement: The Coaching Process
- Breaking Old Patterns: Psychodynamic Frameworks for Self-Coaching
- Remapping the Mind: Cognitive Approaches to Self-Coaching
- Learning New Action Patterns: Behavioral Approaches to Self-Coaching
- Coaching Your Trading Business
- Lessons from Trading Professionals: Resources and Perspectives on Self-Coaching
- Looking for the Edge: Finding Historical Patterns in Markets
The Daily Trading Coach: 101 Lessons for Becoming Your Own Trading Psychologist By Brett N. Steenbarger pdf