This book is entitled High Performance Trading and is a practical guide to enhancing your trading performance and psychology. It is about helping you to achieve and then, most importantly, sustain high performance. Based on practical coaching and training interventions, personal experiences, the latest research and feedback, and advice from leading traders, trading coaches and trading psychologists, this book offers something for everyone who wants to become a better trader.
The book is divided into three core parts, representing the three areas of the ‘performance cycle’ – planning and preparation; execution; and evaluation and analysis leading into performance improvement. Trading performance and the results that it brings are the hub of the trading performance and psychology wheel. The three dimensions are the core components to achieving success, not just in trading but in any performance activity.
In Part One, ‘Planning and Preparing for Trading Success’, we look at how we can set ourselves up for trading success and what we can do to stack the odds of success in our favour. In Part Two, ‘Decision-Making, Discipline and Flawless Execution’, we look at practical approaches for making more effective trading decisions, improving your trading discipline and for adopting a flawless execution approach. In Part Three, ‘Evaluation, Analysis and Improving and Sustaining Performance’, we explore how to measure and assess trading performance so that we can get the valuable feedback required to help us to identify what we should do more of, what we should do less of, what we should start doing, and what we should stop doing. Importantly, we then look at how to improve performance, how to change behaviour – and how to become a better trader.
High-performance trading is more than a set of techniques and strategies, though; it is an approach, a mindset, a philosophy. A high-performance approach is founded on the desire, passion and commitment to achieve the best possible standard of performance: by putting in the effort and time to develop the required skills, knowledge and understanding; by accepting responsibility for your results, and understanding that at any given time the results you are getting are purely a reflection of your current performance level, your ability, knowledge and skills.
- STRATEGY 1: Set Yourself Up for Success
- STRATEGY 2: It’s Down to You
- STRATEGY 3: Fuelling Success – Motivation and Commitment
- STRATEGY 4: Develop a Compelling Vision of Trading Success
- STRATEGY 5: T.R.A.D.E. to Success – Goal Achievement Strategies
- STRATEGY 6: Know Who You Need to Become
- STRATEGY 7: Find Your Magic – Developing Your Trading Strategy
- STRATEGY 8: Identify Your Critical Performance Factors
- STRATEGY 9: Be P.R.E.Pared!
- STRATEGY 10: Create a High-Performance Environment
- STRATEGY 11: Discipline and Your Ideal Trading State
- STRATEGY 12: Deal With Distraction – Refocussing Strategies
- STRATEGY 13: Stay Calm When the Pressure is On
- STRATEGY 14: Get Energised – Manage Your Energy Levels
- STRATEGY 15: Run Your Profits, Cut Your Losses
- STRATEGY 16: Handle Losses Like a Winner
- STRATEGY 17: Parking Errors – Dealing Effectively With Mistakes
- STRATEGY 18: Be Wary of Overconfidence
- STRATEGY 19: Deal With Negative Emotions Positively
- STRATEGY 20: Embrace Risk and Uncertainty
- STRATEGY 21: Pull the Trigger – Overcome Hesitation and Fear
- STRATEGY 22: Understand That More is Not Always More
- STRATEGY 23: Transform Adversity Into Challenge
- STRATEGY 24: When Times Are Great, Keep Them Great
- STRATEGY 25: Learn More – Keep Getting Better
- STRATEGY 26: Know Your Score – Measuring Trading Performance
- STRATEGY 27: Develop Winning Routines and Rituals
- STRATEGY 28: Build Resilience
- STRATEGY 29: Manage Stress
- STRATEGY 30: Achieve Balance
- STRATEGY 31: Plan Your Growth
- STRATEGY 32: Generate New Trading Behaviours
- STRATEGY 33: Utilise Your Strengths and Successes
- STRATEGY 34: Mind Your Language
- STRATEGY 35: Be Persistent!
High Performance Trading: 35 Practical Strategies and Techniques to Enhance Your Trading Psychology and Performance By Steve Ward pdf