Getting Started in Trading will give you the basic understanding of the trading business. It will save you time and money, and research effort, providing you with what is necessary to get started. Getting Started in Trading will be a continuous resource as you develop into a successful trader. Sunny Harris’s generosity to the investment world is a model of prosperity consciousness in action. Everyone seeking afﬂuence in every part of their lives should follow her prosperity principle: “You only have what you give.”
The beginning stages of a trader’s education sets the foundation for each new level of success. The level of success you achieve is determined by how you apply a good education. Trading gives a new trader the guidelines for developing the education necessary to begin trading. Working as a traders’ coach for the last 10 years, I have found that most excessive trading losses result from the bad habits traders develop at the beginning of their trading careers. Some of these bad habits are created because traders do not have:
- The basic fundamental knowledge of the trading industry and how all of its components interrelate
- A trading plan
- Rules they believe will give them good results
- A tested system
- Money management rules
Lack of discipline is the main reason traders fail. In order to be disciplined, you must trust your methodology and money management rules. If you have not developed the basic education necessary to be a good trader, you will not have the discipline necessary to follow your rules. If you do not follow your rules, you will not get proﬁtable results. Getting Started in Trading will give you the education you need so you can trust your ability as a trader. The ﬁve main reasons beginning traders do not start out with the basics needed for good trading are:
- Their enthusiasm to trade immediately takes over without their giving thought to the possible consequences.
- They do not know where to get the right information to start.
- They ﬁnd the method taught too difﬁcult to understand.
- They have information from too many sources, which causes them to go in too many directions at the same time.
- They feel that to succeed they must establish complicated rules, which results in too many possible things that can go wrong.
Getting Started in Trading is easy to understand and easy to apply quickly, and will leave you with the conﬁdence that you have the ability and knowledge to be a successful trader. Sunny Harris is an extraordinary trader who was ranked the number one money manager in 1994 by Stark Research in the under-$10,000,000 category. She won that honor trading a system she developed that could only be for the kind of trader who can look death in the face and laugh. This system brought in 365 percent that year on investment dollars and ﬁts the dynamo side of her personality. The second system she trades, which she also developed, is for traders with a pulse. This system brings in a very respectable, predictable, and safe 18 percent with 8.5 percent drawdown. This system satisﬁes her conservative side.
- In the Beginning
- Sources of Information and Data
- Analyzing Your Data
- Exploring the Literature
- Clubs and Professional Organizations
- Evaluating Seminars and Conferences
- Charlatans and Their Techniques
- What Do You Trade?
- Selecting a Computer
- Selecting Software
- Selecting a Data Source
- Purchasing a Canned Trading System
- The Never-Ending Search for the Holy Grail
- Developing Your Own Trading System
- Setting Up Your Trading as a Business
- Evaluating Your Performance
- Back-Office Details
Getting Started in Trading By Sunny J. Harris pdf