Getting Started in Bonds is a thorough, straightforward, and accessible introduction to the world of ﬁxed income securities. Wright does an excellent job of covering basic concepts as well as explaining the broader factors that affect bond prices. This book is a valuable and essential tool for the novice investor. Ms. Wright has produced an excellent, easy-to-read guide for the novice bond investor. The book is well organized and allows its readers to identify and focus in on the security types most suitable for them. Even experienced investors will ﬁnd this book a refresher course in bond fundamentals.
Thinking of getting your feet wet in the world of bonds, but don’t know where to begin? Getting Started in Bonds will help you better understand and invest in fixed income securities (bonds). Packed with new material, dozens of real-life examples, and up-to-the-minute facts and figures, Getting Started in Bonds is an informational as well as entertaining primer written in a fun, conversational voice, not as a lecture.
- Covers a variety of bonds you have to choose from–U.S. Government, Municipal, Corporate, Convertible, and much more
- Helps you identify a good bond
- Reveals factors that can affect a bond’s value and help you forecast future interest rates
- Shares a number of valuable bond investing and portfolio strategies
- When Uncle Sam Needs a Dime: U.S. Government Bonds
- The “I Hate Taxes” Bonds: Municipal Bonds
- Investing in America: Corporate Bonds
- Bonds Including the Kitchen Sink: Mortgage-Backed Bonds
- Going Global: International Bonds
- Paid to Wait: Convertible Bonds
- Almost a Bond: Preferred Stock
- It’s a Wrap: Wrapper Products
- My Word Is My Bond
- What Is It Worth to You?
- Riding the Curve
- A Volatile Relationship
- Is It the Moon, the Fed, or Your Mother-in-Law That Gets Bonds to Move?
- How to Buy
- What to Buy
- Classic Portfolio Strategies
Getting Started in Bonds By Sharon Saltzgiver Wright pdf