In Beating the Market, 3 Months at a Time, you will learn techniques by which you can increase the safety of your stock and bond investment instruments and how to manage your investment portfolio to improve your rates of return while reducing risk.
You will learn how to identify those market sectors that are leading and likely to continue to lead in strength. You will learn when and why to buy short-term bonds and when and why to switch to the longer-term side of the bond market. You will learn how and when to invest in emerging markets, such as Brazil and India, and when to concentrate in longer-established stock markets, such as Europe and the United States. You will learn when to buy large and well-established companies in basic industries and when to buy into newly emerging corporations.
You will learn a number of specific strategies that you can put to work immediately to grow your assets over the years, strategies that will provide for you specific times to enter and specific times to exit investment positions. Finally, you explore some unpleasant facts of economic life for motivational purposes, move from there into setting accumulation targets hopefully realistic goals that are compatible with your personal economic situation.
The strategies that you will learn have been well researched, and though they require little time to apply (often no more than one hour every three months), they are likely to increase your investment returns significantly while reducing risks associated with buying, hoping, and holding.
- Putting Together a Winning Investment Portfolio
- Advanced Diversification and Risk Management
- Prelude to Long-Term Wealth— Introduction to the Stock Market
- Nothing Succeeds Like Success
- Worldwide Opportunity
- Bonds—An Investment for All Seasons
- Special Bond Market Investment Opportunities
- Treasure in the Junkyard—How to Tame High Yield Bonds
- The Definitive Portfolio—The Whole Is Greater Than the Sum of Its Parts
- Don’t Let Them Blow You Off the Planet!
- Maybe the Politicians Can’t Do It, but You Can—Planning and Carrying Through a Long-Term Financial Program
Beating the Market, 3 Months at a Time: A Proven Investing Plan Everyone Can Use By Gerald Appel pdf