All About Commodities uses simple language to explain what drives price fluctuations of commodities from energy, industrial metals, and mines to livestock, agriculture, and precious metals and how to design a powerful, reliable strategy for profi ting from them. Learn everything there is to know about:
- Using futures and options to enter the commodities market
- Risks unique to commodities trading and how to manage them
- Ways to identify important patterns to steer your investing decisions
- The benefits and disadvantages of commodity funds
Commodities are pervasive throughout the world economy. Every day we buy food and energy. We drive our cars, which are made out of an assortment of metals and other materials. We live in homes and apartments, which are also made out of various commodities. Without these valuable materials, civilization would vanish. It’s that simple. On a global basis, commodities markets are massive and trade in trillions of dollars on a daily basis. There is also much diversity. For example, investors can invest in the following categories:
- Agriculture: Includes corn, wheat, soybeans, cotton, sugar, cocoa, orange juice, coffee, and oats.
- Livestock: Includes live cattle, feeder cattle, pork bellies, and lean hogs.
- Precious metals: Includes gold, silver, and platinum.
- Industrial metals: Includes copper, palladium, aluminum, tin, nickel, zinc, lead, and cobalt.
- Energy: Includes crude oil, unleaded gasoline, natural gas, coal, heating oil, uranium, ethanol, and electric power.
There are also a variety of ways for investors to participate in these markets. For example, these include buying and selling futures and options. There are also exchange-traded funds (ETFs), mutual funds, hedge funds, and managed futures. And yes, you can even buy the physical commodity, such as gold or silver, and put the metals in a vault.
- Introduction to Commodities Investing
- The Futures Markets
- Understanding Futures Prices
- Futures Trading Strategies
- Options on Futures
- Fundamental Analysis
- Technical Analysis
- Precious Metals
- Industrial Metals
- Livestock and Dairy
- Investing in Miners
- Global Commodities Investing
- Buying Physical Commodities
All About Commodities By Tom Taulli pdf