The purpose of 12 Simple Technical Indicators is to help you understand the power of technical indicators and the right parameters. There are over 200 different types of technical indicators out there, and he shows you a list of the ones that are most commonly used. As you read, Larson asks that you keep this important point in mind.
Basically, a parameter is a number. Think of the number in terms of your mother’s prized cake recipe. When she bakes that cake, what would happen if she leaves out one of the key ingredients, like the flour? Or if the recipe calls for half a cup of flour and she adds only a quarter-cup? It would make a big difference. What Larson describes to you here are the technical indicators that he’s found work well and consistently—regardless of whether the market is bullish or bearish—as long as you slightly modify the parameters.
Although Larson admits to being far from the best investor in the stock market, he’s been very successful at making money for a living for the past several years. And he attributes this success to a single factor: his focus on technical indicators and the right parameters. As a two time best selling author and writer of a weekly commentary www.incometrader.com, he has a simple process for helping others become successful. Read on to discover how he can help you too.
Inside this coursebook, you will learn how to:
- Leverage parameters to make your indicators profitable in both bear and bull markets;
- Combine the most powerful indicators on one chart to create a winning trading system;
- Optimize your entries and exits with specific indicators;
- Use ATR for setting stop losses;
- Utilize stock scans for a competitive edge.
- Technical Indicators 101
- Moving Averages
- Balance of Power
- Moving Average Convergence/Divergence (MACD)
- Price Rate of Change
- Time-Segmented Volume
- Relative Strength Index and Time-Segmented Volume
- Average True Range (ATR)
- Stock Scans with Six Important Indicators
- Three Investment Strategies That Work in Any Market