A Complete Guide to Technical Trading Tactics: How to Profit Using Pivot Points, Candlesticks & Other Indicators
The Complete Guide to Technical Trading Tactics outlines a variety of proven methodologies-pivot points, candlesticks, and other top indicators-so readers may use those that work best for them as well as make their own trading decisions without a second thought. Author John Person also shares his insights on a variety of trading technologies that will allow readers to gain a competitive edge in the market.
The purpose of A Complete Guide to Technical Trading Tactics is to share some of the tips, techniques, and observations that have worked for me and other highly successful traders. After nearly 23 years as a registered broker in the futures and options field, I have come to know quite a few successful traders and have personally made many successful trades.
By writing this book, I can share with you how and what I do to produce the analysis that goes out every week in The Bottom Line Financial and Futures Newsletter. I believe my experience in the industry and the techniques that I have developed can be instrumental in helping you to become a better trader. I believe that you can successfully learn to better integrate the two elements of market analysis: time and price.
The elements that I have focused on from the technical side are:
- Pivot points, a leading price predictor that is based on price points using different time frames.
- Cycle analysis, which deals with predicting market turning points based on time.
- Candle chart patterns, which are based on price relationships between the open, high, low, and close and past chart points such as old highs or lows.
- Fibonacci ratio corrections and extension studies, which are based on past price points.
- Introduction to Futures and Options: Understanding the Mechanics
- Fundamentals: The Market Driver
- Technical Analysis: The Art of Charts
- Candle Charts: Lighting the Path
- Chart Analysis: Volume, Open Interest, Price Patterns
- Pivot Point Analysis: A Powerful Weapon
- Day-Trading, Swing Trading: Acting on Analysis
- Technical Indicators: Confirming Evidence
- Market Sentiment: What Traders Are Thinking
- Order Placement: Executing the Plan
- The Mental Game: Inside the Trader
- The Tactical Trader: Tips and Techniques That Work
- Options: A Primer
- Closing Bell: My Top 10 List