You Can Be a Stock Market Genius Even if You’re Not Too Smart: Uncover the Secret Hiding Places of Stock Market Profits
You Can Be a Stock Market Genius Even if You’re Not Too Smart is a comprehensive and practical guide to the stock market filled with case studies, important background information, and all the tools you’ll need to become a stock market genius.
Fund manager Joel Greenblatt has been beating the Dow (with returns of 50 percent a year) for more than a decade. And now, in this highly accessible guide, he’s going to show you how to do it, too.
You’re about to discover investment opportunities that portfolio managers, business-school professors, and top investment experts regularly miss—uncharted areas where the individual investor has a huge advantage over the Wall Street wizards. Here is your personal treasure map to special situations in which big profits are possible, including:
- Follow the Yellow Brick Road—Then Hang a Right
- Some Basics—Don’t Leave Home Without Them
- Chips Off the Old Stock: Spinoffs, Partial Spinoffs, and Rights Offerings
- Don’t Try This at Home: Risk Arbitrage and Merger Securities
- Blood in the Streets (Hopefully, Not Yours): Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- “Baby Needs New Shoes” Meets “Other People’s Money”: Recapitalizations and Stub Stocks, LEAPS, Warrants, and Options
- Seeing the Trees Through the Forest
- All the Fun’s in Getting There
You Can Be a Stock Market Genius Even if You're Not Too Smart: Uncover the Secret Hiding Places of Stock Market Profits By Joel Greenblatt pdf