In Trade the Trader: Know Your Competition and Find Your Edge for Profitable Trading, top trader and hedge fund manager Quint Tatro shows how to win consistently in the “zero sum” game of trading, where there’s a loser for every winner. You’ll learn how to reflect your trading competition in every facet of trading and investing: choosing companies to invest in, knowing when to jump in and out of the market, and mastering the psychology and gamesmanship of trading.
When you trade, you’re not just trading companies that deliver goods or services. You’re trading against other traders who care about only one thing: taking your money. That’s the #1 hard reality of trading – and most traders either don’t know it, or don’t act as if they do.Coverage includes:
- Understanding the “other side of the trade”: the thousands of pros you’re trading against.
- Finding a technical edge with technical analysis you can exploit over and over again.
- Understanding sentiment and overcoming the human emotions and biases that cost you dearly.
- Utilizing the most essential strategies of fundamental analysis.
- Playing positions and probabilities, not P+Ls.
- Recognizing and capturing huge opportunities in down markets.
- I’m Trading Against You
- My Story
- It’s All Opportunity
- The Other Traders
- Finding Your Edge
- Timing the Entry
- Trend Lines
- The Basics Are Not Enough
- Pick Your Time Frame
- Developing Your Plan
- Determining Entry Points
- Setting Stops
- How to Trade the Trader
- Using and Controlling Risk to Your Advantage
- Taking Gains
- Reviewing the Entire Plan
- It’s a Head Game
- Dealing with the Emotions
- Following the Trend
- The Blowup
Trade the Trader: Know Your Competition and Find Your Edge for Profitable Trading By Quint Tatro pdf