In Time Compression in Trading, author Jason Jankovsky explains the structure of the market through the prism of the time frames of different trader groups. In practical terms, he shows how to identify the probable entry and exit points of short term, medium term, and long term traders.
Time compression is all around us and is a direct result of how we see the world and how we see our place inside of it. It is the inevitable development of our method of making actions. In the coming chapters, I break what I feel are the most basic parts of the theory into pieces so that you can begin to understand something that is not normally part of your regular stream of trading thought.
- – In Part I: The Uniqueness of Zero-Sum Markets, I go into some detail about what a zero-sum market really is and why those rules of engagement differ from other kinds of activity.
- – In Part II: The Theory of Time Compression, I begin breaking down the big picture into smaller pieces that might be deduced from traded prices and price action in the markets.
- – In Part III: Exploiting Multiple Time Frames, we begin seeing how time compression is disclosed in the market by using multiple time frames.
- – Part IV: The Five Basic Market Structures includes a few examples of studies I personally have made using the theory and how you can better understand what to look for.
- Basics of Zero-Sum Markets
- Who Is the Market?
- The Four Components of Market Structure
- The Illusion of Technical Analysis
- The Psychology of Initiating and Liquidating a Position
- The Development of the Theory
- Time Compression and Technical Analysis
- Forced Liquidation and Order Flow
- How Leverage Increases the Potential for Forced Liquidation
- How Traders Lose Perspective
- Basics of Multiple Time Frames
- Three Market Potentials: Uptrend, Downtrend, and Range
- The 12 Choices in Executing Trades
- Thinking in Probabilities
- Using Multiple Time Frames
- Topping Market
- Bottoming Market
- Secure Uptrend and Downtrend
- Secure Range
Time Compression Trading By Jason Alan Jankovsky PDF