Techniques of Tape Reading shows traders how to incorporate the best aspects of tape reading into a modern trading plan, by understanding the correlation between volume and price and simply trading off what a stock’s price movement is telling them to do.
Techniques of Tape Reading describes the story of Vadym Graifer, a former Soviet citizen who was forced to ﬂee developments in Ukraine which jeopardized his company, his life, and his family’s life. The story is a so-called American success story that has been told time and again about immigrants ﬂeeing religious, economic, and racial strife in search of a better life for them-selves and those around them.
Part One of this story deals with these events and the principles that Vadym has come to use every day in his trading. This part also delves into one of the most important aspects of a trader’s development—the mind-set of a successful trader.
The principles discussed in these pages will show you how a totally inexperienced trader went from market illusions to market reality, from the point of near ﬁnancial destruction to the free-dom of everyday trading life. These principles are ultimately linked to the understanding of tape reading described in Part Two of the book.
Part Three presents trading setups and examples taken from trading experiences over the past 2 years. Some are presented in fraction form, while others are in decimal form. These setups and examples will ultimately lead you to understand that, while methodologies and systems may come and go, tape-reading principles will stand the test of time.
- The Beginner: Everyone Starts at the Beginning
- Turnaround: Small and Safe
- The First Proﬁtable Year: Charting Success
- Learning to Trade for a Living
- The Trader’s Circle: Bridging the Gap between Art and Science
- A Trader’s Edge
- A Trader’s Intuition: The Real Art of Trading
- Rules for and the Mindset of a Mature Trader: The Dos and Don’ts of Trading
- Tape Reading: Revitalization of a Lost Art
- The Role of Setups
- Stop-Loss Placement and Trailing
- Trading Setups
- Trading Market Ranges and Miscellaneous Points
Techniques of Tape Reading By Vadym Graifer, Chris Schumacher pdf