Opportunity Investing: How To Profit When Stocks Advance, Stocks Decline, Inflation Runs Rampant, Prices Fall, Oil Prices Hit the Roof and Every Time in Between
Opportunity Investing has been structured to provide benefit to readers who have only limited inclination/time to monitor their investments and even more benefit to investors who are willing to put additional time and effort into their investment programs.
The initial sections of Opportunity Investing show you a range of more familiar and basic investment areas, profit potentials and pitfalls, and strategies for constructing portfolios for greater returns at lower risk. We review which investments are likely to produce greater returns during periods of inflation and which during periods of deflation.
You will learn where you can secure high levels of income commensurate with risk and the benefits of and strategies associated with diversification (including diversification by time, investment sector, and geography).
You will learn how to select open- and closed-end mutual funds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) most likely to succeed and will be provided with a “starter portfolio” of the less than 1% of mutual funds that have met certain criteria for long-term excellence in performance.
You will also learn how you can improve your investing performance considerably—quite considerably—by the application of just one investment technique alone.
As the book progresses, more active and involved investors will learn general and investment-specific techniques of market timing— which are designed to help you know when to enter the various investment arenas and when to hold assets in cash and cash equivalents.
You will learn how to measure the relative strength of different investments so that your portfolio may be rebalanced to emphasize those areas that are performing the best while de-emphasizing investment areas that are underperforming.
- The Myth of Buy and Hold
- Putting Together a Winning Portfolio
- Selecting Mutual Funds Most Likely to Succeed
- Income Investing—Safer and Steady . . . But Watch Out for the Pitfalls
- Securing Junk Bond Yields at Treasury Bond Risk
- The Wonderful World of Exchange-Traded Funds
- A Three-Pronged Approach to Timing the Markets
- Time Cycles, Market Breadth, and Bottom-Finding Strategies
- Cashing In on the Real Estate Boom— Investing in REITs
- Opportunities Abroad— Investing from Brazil to Britain
- How to Get the Most from Closed-End Mutual Funds
- Inflation—Coexisting and Even Profiting with Inflation
- Reviewing Our Array of Opportunity Strategies