Investing with Volume Analysis: Identify, Follow, and Profit from Trendspresents an enlightened perspective on the role of volume, not only in pragmatic terms but also in terms of apprehending the underlying rationale of how and why. Award-winning technical analyst Buff Pelz Dormeier teaches state-of-the-art methods for analyzing the relationship of volume to price movements and the evolution of market trends.
Volume, price, and time are fundamental concepts in market analysis. Volume tracks quantities of things, whether shares of stocks, contracts in options, or commodities. In business, volume tracks sales, inventory, customers, and the amount of goods bought or sold. In Investing with Volume Analysis, Buff Dormeier presents new ideas, digging deeper into volume by identifying secrets these often overlooked statistics hold. He has devised methods for identifying when to climb on board and stay with sustainable trends, and perhaps more importantly, when to bail out of trends when unsustainable.
The Volume Price Confirmation Indicator (VPCI) is his creation, and it helps identify these situations. It was a significant enough discovery to earn him the internationally prestigious Charles Dow Award in 2006, only given to a work deemed surprisingly new and innovative.
Buff’s career has combined both fundamental and technical analysis. Earlier, as a student of fundamental analysis, he reviewed the business activities of management and made forecasts based on a company’s financial history and forward guidance. He wanted further understanding about a stock’s price behavior and began studying technical analysis.He found that technical analysis, at its core, is about the flow of money into and out of securities. Yet these technical findings were not always consistent with what fundamental analysts and company management were saying. As an analytic approach, he settled on two primary tools: price and volume.
- Two Perspectives of Market Analysis
- The History of Technical Analysis
- Price Analysis
- Volume Analysis
- Volume: The Force of the Market
- How to Read the Market Like a Book
- Volume in Trends
- Volume in Patterns
- Measuring Volume Information
- Pure Volume Indicators
- Interday Volume Accumulation Indicators
- Intraday Volume Accumulation Oscillators
- Price Range Volume Indicators
- Price Accumulation Based on Volume Indicators
- Tick-Based Volume Indicators
- Volume-Weighted Price Indicators
- The Volume Price Confirmation Indicator
- A Compendium of Breadth Indicators
- Buff Up Your Volume: Introducing Capital Weighted Volume
- Risky Business
- Putting It All Together: Volume-Dictated Strategies
- Modern Day Volume Issues
Investing with Volume Analysis: Identify, Follow, and Profit from Trends By Buff Dormeier pdf