Getting Started in Futures explains in simple, easy-to-understand terms everything you need to know to start trading futures successfully. You’ll learn how to forecast prices, how hedging works, and how to take advantage of new electronic trading opportunities. The updated Fifth Edition includes discussions on the increasingly important role of futures markets in foreign currencies, equity indexes, interest rates, and proper money management. You’ll also find a complete chapter on single-stock futures — the newest financial futures market.
If you would like to know how futures markets can help you reduce risk or earn greater proﬁts, you have come to the right place. Futures enable you to:
- Set now the purchase price of a ﬁnancial instrument that you’ll buy later
- Protect a foreign currency bank balance from changes in the exchange rate
- Reduce the market exposure of a single-stock or a large stock portfolio
- Beneﬁt from a favorable change in interest rates without owning the cash instruments
- Protect an inventory of an actual commodity against a decline in its cash price
- Make a bet on the price trend in any traded commodity, from corn to the Canadian dollar
This is the ﬁfth edition of Getting Started in Futures, and a lot of the information is new. But our goals have not changed. Our ﬁrst goal is help you understand how futures markets work. Our second goal is to show you how you can use these fast-moving marketplaces to your own personal economic advantage.
- Basic Terms and Concepts.
- Futures Markets Today.
- The Speculator
- The Hedger
- The Green Stuff
- The Orders
- The Arena
- Fundamental Analysis
- Technical Analysis
- Hedging Revisited
- The Financial Futures
- Single-Stock Futures
- Money Management for Speculators
- Futures Options
- Rules and Regulations
- Contracts in Brief
- Discover Electricity
- Trading Futures Electronically
- Day Trading
Getting Started in Futures By Todd Lofton pdf