Bond Market Rules: 50 Investing Axioms to Master Bonds for Income or Trading
Bond Market Rules is for beginning- to intermediate-level investors who want to learn or review the basics of investing in bonds.
Prices, price action, interest-rate analysis, fundamental and technical analysis, new types of bonds (Bradys, DANs, TIPS), taxexempt bonds, bonds that increase in face value with inflation, bonds that have a “survivors’ put option”: all are explained and examined. Bonds have changed.
Short chapters based on single concepts, it’s the same approach that worked so well in Stock Market Rules, a popular guide on stock investing since 1990. This is a great book to read during lunch.
No matter what your investment objectives are, Bond Market Rules can help you plan and organize the bond portion of your portfolio. Bond Market Rules will give you an understanding of what a bond is and how the different types of bonds function. The understanding can make you a better-informed, more prudent, and more profitable investor.
- When Interest Rates Rise, Bond Prices Fall
- There Are Four Ways to Get a Higher Yield on Bonds
- Long Maturities Have Greater Market Risk
- Short Maturities Have Greater Reinvestment Risk
- Buy Bonds That Won’t Outlive You
- Invest in Bonds If Your Risk Profile Is Lower
- Invest in Bonds If You Do Not Want Capital Erosion
- Bonds, the Buy-and-Hold Investment
- Bonds Lower Portfolio Risk
- Bond Investing Is Prudent Asset Allocation
- Buy Stocks with Bonds (Convertibles)
- Do Bond Market Analysis
- Know the Bond Rating
- Insured Municipal Bonds Are Safer
- Watch the Long Bond
- You Can’t Trade Bonds Like Stocks
- Beware of Personal Guarantees
- Consider a Managed Futures Account