Astrology for Dummies shows the reader how to use that accumulated wisdom to identify strengths and weaknesses, discover creative abilities, understand relationships, and make the most of the times in which we live. Using an abundance of real-life examples, author Rae Orion offers an incisive account of each sign and planet, taking the reader far beyond the daily horoscope and illuminating the birth chart in all its individuality and complexity.
Astrology can change your life. It did mine. Astrology illuminates the secret corners of the self, expands your insight into yourself and others, deepens your compassion, clarifies the past, and even offers a glimpse into the possible future. Beyond that, as with all great areas of accumulated knowledge, astrology has the power to alter perception. Once you know something about it, you never see the world in the same way again.
Blessed with a vocabulary that is simultaneously objective and poetic, astrology stimulates your intellect and fuels your curiosity. As you absorb its principles, everyone you know becomes a mystery waiting to be solved. Even public personalities and figures from the past — Frida Kahlo, say, or Vincent Van Gogh — glow more vividly when viewed through an astrological lens. Most of all, astrology offers an unrivaled method of learning about yourself, not just as a person born under one sign or another but as someone with a never-before-seen assortment of qualities and abilities, someone whose individual essence reflects the cosmos. Many people think that astrology divides all human beings into 12 groups. How wrong they are! Astrology teaches that all human beings are subject to universal needs and desires — and that every individual is entirely and splendidly unique.
Astrology is an ancient and evolving system that has many dimensions and appears in many forms. Western astrology is not the same as Chinese astrology or Vedic astrology. This book is about Western astrology, but even within that, there are many subdivisions. Practitioners of mundane astrology calculate horoscopes for public events and consider the fate of nations. Electional astrologers specialize in choosing dates and times for occasions such as weddings, real estate purchases, or opening night at the theatre. Financial astrologers follow the market. Horary astrologers answer questions that address everything from concerns about relationships or health to the location of lost objects. In this book, I focus on natal astrology, the interpretation of a birth chart to gain insight into the personality, proclivities, talents, and tribulations of an individual.
This book introduces you to the basics of astrology — and more. The Cheat Sheet, available online at www.dummies.com, provides a handy summary of the symbols and meanings of the signs, planets, houses, and aspects, along with a few nonessential components of your chart that might interest you. Take a look.
- An Astrological Overview: The Horoscope in Brief
- Getting Your Precise Horoscope: The Old Way, the Internet Way, and the Software
- The History of Astrology: 5,000 Years of Cosmic Ups and Downs
- The Signs of Spring: Aries, Taurus, and Gemini
- The Signs of Summer: Cancer, Leo, and Virgo
- The Signs of Autumn: Libra, Scorpio, and Sagittarius
- The Signs of Winter: Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces
- Moon Signs: The Lunacy Factor
- The Personal Planets
- The Outer Planets (And More)
- What You See versus What You Get: The Rising Sign (And More)
- The Sun, the Moon, and the Planets in the Houses
- Amazing Aspects: The Secrets of Cosmic Geometry
- Interpreting Your Birth Chart: A Guide
- The Sun Sign Combinations
- The Times of Our Lives: Transits
- The Lunar Advantage: Using Astrology in Daily Life
- Retrograde Hell? The Truth Revealed
- Creativity and the Stars
- Ten Talents You Can Spot in a Chart
- Ten (Plus One) Ways to Use Astrology in Your Life: The Art of Timing
Astrology for Dummies By Rae Orion pdf