Successful trader Mark Whistler draws from the fields of psychology, spirituality, and philosophy to emphasize how self-honesty, self-esteem, emotional balance, and confidence form the foundation of successful trading. He demonstrates how adherence to a small number of core principles vastly improves chances of success, and shares interviews from top traders to exemplify his point that even the most successful traders have had to overcome setbacks.
Everyone knows that trading is a dirty, cutthroat business. It brings out our dark side. People do it for one reason only: to make money. But this book breaks the myth that trading is a soul-less act. The key to a being a successful trader is not how hungry you are, or how much you know about the markets, or even how much of an edge you have over the other guy. The key, as you’ll see, is forged from personal strength and emotional intelligence. The key to being an incredible trader comes from a well-rounded sense of psychology and spirituality. It emerges from a quality of being from within. It’s a concept that you won’t find in most trading or investing books.
Life is tough, and trading is too… there’s no doubt about it. But regardless of the difficulties we face, any of our dreams can come to fruition, no matter how old we are, or where we’re at in our lives. We simply have to dig within ourselves to find all the answers, because they’re already in there. I’m going to take you on a journey of self-discovery and inspiration. Think of it as a psychological boot camp that will hone your skills as a trader.
- You’ll read interviews with incredible traders, a professional athlete, two doctors, and two men who have overcome amazing adversity, all showing that you have the same core abilities that they had to become successful.
- You’ll learn the importance of understanding stress and how to work with it, affirmations, and visualizations, and you’ll learn how to relax.
- You’ll learn about fear, how to recognize it, and how to defeat it as well. What’s more, we’ll develop direct understanding of your trading future through a trading plan and risk plan designed to help you value the most important person of all: you!
- Finally, we’re going to uncover the inevitable market truth of change and the veracity of intuition, all the while finding a sense of gratitude that will enable you to be the best you can possibly be. Without this honed psychological tool bag, you can only be mediocre trader at best.
- Finding Your Purpose-Center
- The Time Is Now
- Self-Honesty and Self-Esteem
- The Balance of Humbleness
- Be Courageous, Be Forgiving
- An Investigation of Fear
- Overcoming Adversity and Anxiety
- Cause and Effect
- Emotional Intelligence:The Intuition Wild Card
- Developing Intuition
- Expressing Gratitude
- Confronting and Defeating Stress
- A Medical Evaluation of Stress
- The Necessity of Relaxation
- Affirmation and Visualization
- Avoiding Self-Destructive Behavior
- Creating a Trading Plan
- Understanding Risk
- Change Is Constant
Trade With Passion and Purpose: Spiritual, Psychological, and Philosophical Keys to Becoming a Top Trader By Mark Whistler pdf