The Master Swing Trader Toolkit: The Market Survival Guide
The Master Swing Trader Toolkit is a powerful application-oriented handbook that shows you how to identify and grow wealth from the opportunities resulting from the steep market crash. Additionally, this full-service volume offers prescriptions for prospering in the postcrash environment and provides guidance for finding new, reduced-risk market prospects during virtually any economic scenario to come.
The Master Swing Trader focused on the trader’s role in managing concepts and strategies based on classic market principles. That mindset
carries through into this book without too many comprehension issues for readers unfamiliar with the first volume.
However, this book isn’t a rehashing of the first one, nor does it itemize a thousand new patterns and indictors. To be truthful, I’ve headed down a simpler path in recent years, using fewer indictors and more common sense to trade the markets.
The Master Swing Trader Toolkit: The Market Survival Guide covers two primary themes:
• It expands on ideas in the first book. It’s a decade later and my working strategies have grown well beyond the topics covered in that kinder, gentler era. It also presents material that was omitted or compressed the first time around, with extensive discussions on risk management, market exposure, and, most importantly, tape reading.
• It identifies defensive strategies that work specifically in the modern electronic markets. The emphasis here is on the word “defensive.” As far as I’m concerned, any strategy that fails to address the extreme risk posed by the trading bots is doomed to failure. In this regard, you’ll find a major focus on program algorithms and their huge influence on the index futures and exchangetraded funds.
– PART ONE : Parsing the Modern Markets
- Prospering in the Postcrash Environment
- The Crooked Playing Field
– PART TWO : CYCLES, SHOCKS, and seasonality
- Revisiting the Market Clock
- Relative Strength
– PART THREE : Prediscovering Profitability
- The Nature of Winning
- Survivalist Trading Strategies
– PART FOUR : managing Opportunity
- Market Entry
- Positions, Markets, and Trading Styles
– PART FIVE : Controlling Exposure
- Position Management
- Mastering the Intraday Market
– PART SIX – Managing Risk and Reward
- The Nature of Losing
- Capital Preservation