The Complete Guide to Astrology: Understanding Yourself, Your Signs, and Your Birth Chart is written for everyone, from beginner to advanced practitioners and students. In this book, I endeavor to cover a wide range of information in an accessible and inclusive way. Astrology has been used for thousands of years to help predict events, understand the meaning of life, and communicate more effectively with other people. Whether you’re new to the field or have long been looking to astrology for answers, The Complete Guide to Astrology will help you unlock the wisdom of the stars.
I see the astrological chart as a blueprint of potential and possibility. You will never find me saying that any sign or placement is all good or all bad, and I believe that it is always possible to find a way through any challenges or blocks to growth, evolution, and compatibility. This book is written from that approach. We are nuanced and we all have the ability to consciously approach how we navigate our cosmic blueprint. That said, I do not use spiritual override—that is, use spiritual practices to sidestep unresolved issues or wounds—as I prefer to take a firm look at the shadow and how that shadow can be healed or integrated rather than bypassed. I now invite you to look at the subject of gender differently.
Astrological language has traditionally been binary, using male and female and masculine and feminine labels. Yet our astrological chart, or cosmic blueprint, contains every planet and sign, and therefore, they are all within each of us. The astrological chart does not show gender, so neither does this book. I focus on the whole person and their characteristics, removing binary identifiers entirely. The content of this book will give you a thorough grounding in key foundational areas of astrology and takes a radically different approach to astrological language as we come to understand that the planetary bodies and signs are innately nonbinary in nature. This book is written for those who wish to take their astrological study to another level and to do so from a place of inclusivity. This book is for everyone. This astrology book includes:
- Intro to astrology―Learn the foundations of astrology, including its historical origins and its context in modern society.
- More than sun signs―Explore more complex astrological associations, including nodes, moon signs, the influences of planets, and more.
- Inclusive approach―Discover a non-binary approach to astrological concepts that helps make the wisdom of the cosmos accessible to everyone.
- An Astrological Foundation
- The Four Elements and Three Modalities
- The Sun Signs
- The Ascendant or Rising Sign and Decans
- Planets and Other Essential Bodies
- The Aspects
- The Houses
- Structuring Your Birth Chart
- Interpreting Your Birth Chart
- Taking a Closer Look
- Your Calling According to the Zodiac
- Love According to the Zodiac
The Complete Guide to Astrology: Understanding Yourself, Your Signs, and Your Birth Chart By Louise Edington pdf