Master Traders: Strategies for Superior Returns from Today’s Top Traders is a comprehensive and sweeping look at how various individuals continuously master and overcome the emotionalism of every trading day. While not a daily journal, this wonderfully illuminating book succinctly describes the methodologies that have enabled the writers to translate probability into profitability.
Master Traders is not meant to be a how-to book. Rather, each chapter is more of a tutorial that shares with the reader various regimens that have enabled the traders and market analysts who have written these chapters to develop significant degrees of control over their investment destinies.
At the same time it is a concession that there are many ways to skin a cat—that the uniqueness and individuality of every trader will probably be the most important factor in gauging the utility of any methodology.
This book focuses on how the contributors achieve their own brand of master trading. None of them claims to have figured out the stock market in its entirety. What they have managed to find is a system that works for them. As you read their discussions of systems and strategies, you will sometimes be reviewing basics.
But even master traders who have moved on to greater levels of sophistication understand the need to conquer the basics and progress beyond them. The contributors to this book are, first and foremost, students of the markets, willing to offer ideas and share a career-long commitment to learning.
If you had a 30-minute lesson with Ben Hogan, you would not spend it asking him what type of ball to hit or what kind of grips he kept on his clubs. Sure, you would want any tips he was willing to impart, but an issue of Golf Digest could tell you a variation on the same. No, what you’d really want to learn is how he found his greatness; what extra something allowed him to separate himself from the pack—what made him an artist among athletes; what made him a master.
- Playing with Fear and Arrogance
- Sector Analysis: Tools of the Trade
- Evaluating Probabilities to Improve Profitability
- The Secret Science of Price and Volume
- The Keys to Biotech Investing
- Investigative Investing: Themes and Methods for Uncovering Value
- The Secret Messages of Equity and Options Markets
- Trading Seasonality
- Volatility and Its Importance to Option Investors
- A New Options Game: The Market Taker
- Making Sense of Market Moves: Using Technical and Fundamental Analysis Together
- New World Trading of Old World Markets: European Derivatives
- Options Applications to Pairs Trading
- Beyond the Horizon