Cryptocurrency Investing For Dummies offers trusted guidance on how to make money trading and investing in the top 200 digital currencies, no matter what the market sentiment. You’ll find out how to navigate the new digital finance landscape and choose the right cryptocurrency for different situations with the help of real-world examples that show you how to maximize your cryptocurrency wallet.
You may have heard of some of the famous cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin, but the industry doesn’t end there — far from it. And although the crypto market has a ton of volatility, it also has potential for you to make real money by investing wisely and developing strategies that suit your personal risk tolerance. In this book, I tap into the risks involved in cryptocurrency investing and show you the different methods you can use to get involved.
The topic of cryptocurrencies and their underlying blockchain technology can be a bit confusing. That’s why I try my best to keep Cryptocurrency Investing For Dummies easily accessible and relatable and free of intimidating terminology. But it does contain some serious information about strategy development, risk management, and the whole industry in general. As you dip into and out of this book, feel free to skip the sidebars (shaded boxes) and the paragraphs marked with the Technical Stuff icon. They contain interesting information but aren’t essential to becoming a crypto investor.
This book contains a lot of web addresses to get you additional information about certain topics. Some of the web addresses are affiliate links, meaning that if you click them and start using a company’s services through that specific web address, I may earn an affiliate payment for making the introduction. You also may note that some web addresses break across two lines of text. If you’re reading this book in print and want to visit one of these web pages, simply key in the web address exactly as it’s noted in the text, pretending as though the line break doesn’t exist. If you’re reading this work as an ebook, you’ve got it easy — just click the web address to be taken directly to the web page.
- What Is a Cryptocurrency?
- Why Invest in Cryptocurrencies?
- Recognizing the Risks of Cryptocurrencies
- Looking Under the Hood: Blockchain Technology
- How Cryptocurrencies Work
- Cryptocurrency Exchanges and Brokers
- Using Cryptocurrency Wallets
- Different Types of Cryptocurrencies
- Identifying Top Performing Cryptocurrencies
- Diversification in Cryptocurrencies
- Getting Ahead of the Crowd: Investing in ICOs
- Cryptocurrency Mining
- Stocks and Exchange Traded Funds with Cryptocurrency Exposure
- Cryptocurrency Futures and Options
- Dealing with the Dollar and Other Fiat Currencies
- Using Technical Analysis
- Short-Term Trading Strategies
- Long-Term Investing Strategies
- Minimizing Losses and Maximizing Gains
- Using Ichimoku and Fibonacci Techniques
- Taxes and Cryptocurrencies
- Ten Considerations Before Getting Started with Cryptocurrencies
- Ten Possible Moves When Your Crypto Portfolio Is Down
- Ten Challenges and Opportunities for Crypto Investors